Mortals are creatures (Usually human) with no magical aptitude/potential or are unaware of their powers. Or, sometimes they do know of their talents but deny their true calling, like Fergus Edgley. Valkyrie dislikes the term mortal (as seen in "Gold, Babies And The Brothers Muldoon") and she says the word means "will someday die" which would imply sorcerers are immortal.
- Gordon Edgley (Knew of magic but had no aptitude for it)
- Melissa Edgley (Unaware of magic)
- Desmond Edgley (Unaware of magic)
- Beryl Edgly (Unaware of magic)
- Fergus Edgley (Aware of magic, had minor ability in Elemental Magic but denied his calling.)
- Carol Edgley (Tried Necromancy but had no aptitude for it. It is improbable, but possible that she may excel at other forms of magic.)
- Crystal Edgley (Tried to "push at the air" but had no aptitude for it. It is possible she may too, like her sister, be able to excel in other forms of magic. Or she just didn't excel at air based Elemental Magic.)