|Skulduggery Pleasant Battle Pack|
|Cover Artist||Tom Percival|
|Date Set In||June 2007|
|Publisher||HarperCollins Children's Books|
|No. of pages||371 (Main Book)
384 (Book and Extras)
Skulduggery Pleasant (book)
Playing With Fire
The Skulduggery Pleasant Battle Pack is a gift set that contains a copy of the first book, 30 character battle cards and an instruction card.
Challenge your friends to supernatural duels with exclusive Skulduggery Pleasant game cards! Pit your wits and use battle skills to fight with characters old and new, including unseen secret info on villains from the third Skulduggery adventure!
Comes in a slipcase "Battle Pack" with a trade paperback of the first Skulduggery Pleasant book.
How to Play
1. Shuffle and deal all cards face down in stacks.
2. Each player holds their cards so that they can only see the first card in their stack.
3. The player to the left of the dealer chooses a category from their upturned card to do battle with e.g. Adept Magic.
4. The other players take turns to read out the score for this category on their upturned card.
5. The player with the highest score wins this round and places all the upturned cards including their own to the bottom of the pile.
6. The winner then chooses a category from their next card to start a new round. NB. If two or more cards in a round share the top score then all the cards are placed in the middle and a new round is started (by the same player as before). The winner of this round takes the cards in the middle too.
7. The person with all the cards at the end of the game is the winner.
Optional extra rule: Once a player is down to only three cards, they may look at all three and choose which to play.
List of Cards
- Valkyrie Cain
- Mr. Bliss
- Hollow Man
- Nefarian Serpine
- Skulduggery Pleasant
- China Sorrows
- Tanith Low
- Ghastly Bespoke
- Billy-Ray Sanguine
- The White Cleaver
- Springheeled Jack
- The Torment
- The Grotesquery
- Baron Vengeous
- Vaurien Scapegrace
- Kenspeckle Grouse
- Uncle Gordon
- Fletcher Renn
- Murder Rose
- The Sea Hag
- Solomon Wreath
- How to play Card
- Art by Tom Percival.
- As mentioned above, characters from future novels appear. For example, Dexter Vex wouldn't appear until Death Bringer.
- Originally made for sale in the U.K., but copies can easily be purchased on the internet.
- The cards were digitally made available in the Munchkin Army video game as rewards.